Write For UsThank you for your interest in writing for Project Semicolon Inc™. Please read the following information in order to see what kind of content we publish. If you are an excellent writer who is well-informed about topics related to mental health or addictions then we’d love to hear from you.
What We Write About:
- Mental and Behavioral Health.
- Substance Abuse Treatment.
- Effective Parenting.
- Counseling and Psychotherapy.
- Suicide Prevention
- Inform readers about issues related to mental health.
- De-stigmatize and demystify mental health and mental health treatment.
- Provide useful, actionable tips that increase our readers’ quality of life.
- Stimulate thought, discussion, and debate.
Who Should Write For Us?Our preference is to publish and promote articles and essays written by those who have an expert understanding of the subject matter about which they are writing as well as, everyday people with lived experience. We want people who know what they’re talking about. Preference goes to licensed mental health professionals and those with special education, training, or experience in the field. These qualities need to be reflected in your author bio as well, as we want all readers to know whose work they are reading. While you need not be a professional clinician, you are nonetheless expected to know the subject matter about which you are writing. Please demonstrate your mastery of the subject matter in your post. Please do not submit articles if you are under 21 years of age. All authors must be identified by their real name, have an accurate bio, and use a head-shot for their profile pic.
WHY Should You Write For Us?
- Your own profile pic and byline;
- Author bio with back-links to your home site;
- Featured on our Authors Page;
- Free exposure to thousands of targeted readers;
- Popular posts shared to our Social Followers;
- Access to request the use of our “Facebook Live”;
- Add to your resume or online writing portfolio;
- Project Semicolon Inc™ is a trusted organization.
Sponsored Post GuidelinesProject Semicolon does not allow sponsored posts. Any post attempting to advertise for a product, brand or website that sells products will be deleted and it’s author banned.
General Editorial GuidelinesPlease review the following section so that you understand the type of article we publish, both in terms of content and style. We want every article on Project Semicolon Inc™ to be well-written, informative, authoritative, and well-researched.
Author Identity And BioReaders have a right know who is giving them health-related information and what experience, expertise, and/or training that person has that makes them an authority on the subject. Anonymous posts are not accepted. Fake names and fake bios are not accepted, either. In order for your post to be published, you must have:
- A head-shot of the author as your profile picture;
- A 50-100 word author bio that lists any relevant education, experience, or expertise;
Tone Of ArticlesArticles should be written in either 3rd person. The tone should be informative but down-to-earth. Articles should be written for a web-audience, meaning clear and crisp sentences with multiple headings and short paragraphs. Please avoid technical and/or jargon-heavy writing. The focus should be solution-focused and mindful.
Format Of ArticlesAll posts must be list-style, how-to, or what is/why-style articles. A well-crafted blog post will answer a question and have the following qualities:
- A target keyword
- An engaging title
- A clear audience in mind.
- A friendly, informative tone.
- An introduction
- A conclusion
- Sources and/or research.
Length Of ArticlesWe ask that posts be a minimum of 700 words, with an optimal word length between 1000 to 1500. Articles below 700 words will be removed.
Do’s And Don’ts Of Article WritingDO… Submit Original Posts: Posts must be unique and original to Project Semicolon Inc™. Posts must not have been published or submitted elsewhere online. This includes your personal blog and venues such as Medium and Tumblr. Share Your Expertise and Passion: Project Semicolon Inc™ focuses on mental and behavioral health. You can add value to our work by bringing your own unique voice and views, infused with your own passion and personality. Please write from your heart, based on personal experience and/or professional expertise, and please write as if you’re talking to a friend. The more down-to-earth the better. The best articles are the ones that seem like the author is talking to you, not at you. Choose a Great Title: When choosing a title, think about the reader. What are they looking to learn? What problem do they want to solve? Write your title keeping those things in mind. Use a “Hook” in your Opening Statement: The first few sentences will determine if your reader actually reads or moves onto the next article. Please be engaging, tell the reader exactly what they are about to experience, and make them want to keep reading. Logical & Succinct: In the body of your article…
- Word Count – Please submit articles of at least 700 words.
- Sub-Headings – Please split up your content with relevant subheadings to make it easier for readers to follow the logical flow of ideas.
- Short Paragraphs – So readers can easily digest your awesome article, please keep paragraphs short and succinct (2-3 sentences each).
- Prompt the reader to consider the topic in relation to their own situation and/or
- Give practical tips that the reader can easily start applying in their life.
How To Submit Your ArticleThe page you are currently on will magically change to a page that allows you to post content after you are approved. Simply check back here using the bloggers link. By submitting articles to Project Semicolon Inc™ you acknowledge the following:
- Article submission does not guarantee that it will remain published. Articles will be accepted or denied based on quality, relevance, and uniqueness.
- Project Semicolon Inc™ does not pay for content contributed.
- You allow Project Semicolon Inc™ to make edits and revisions in order to maintain a high standard of quality.
- Decline articles submitted, without providing reasons. (It is not possible for us to provide feedback on individual articles. We appreciate your understanding.)
- Adjust article titles where necessary, in order to optimize reader engagement and SEO.
- Make edits to articles (including but not limited to spelling, grammar, and paragraph/sentence structure for the purpose of improving readability)
Before You Submit!If you want your article to be accepted, make sure that your submission is:
- At least 700 words
- Well-researched, with links to citations and/or a references list
- Optimized for SEO
- Has an identified target keyword
- A List-Style, How-To, or What-Is Post
- Relevant to mental health/therapy, addictions, relationships, or parenting.